Five Gift Ideas for Motorcycle Enthusiasts
In California, and especially in beach towns like Huntington Beach, the sound of a revving motorcycle engine is commonplace. We are blessed with sunshine year round and motorcyclists are out in full force all year, especially during the weekends. However, summertime still remains the most popular time for motorcycle enthusiasts to get out and put their riding skills to good use. There are a number of motorcycle clubs in the area that arranges barbecues, rides and days of fun, which could really prove enjoyable for those who love motorcycling.
This might be a great time to buy a gift for a loved one who is a motorcycle aficionado. Here are some gift ideas for your favorite motorcycle enthusiast:
1. GoPro Handlebar or Helmet Mount: At $20, this is excellent value for money. The mount takes photos and videos of rides. The film quality is superior and it fits just right without being a bother. This can be a great idea particularly if your gift recipient already has a Go Pro. These mounts are easily available at your local electronics store or sporting goods shop. You can even find these in surf or skate shops along the coast. This can also come in handy to capture images, should the rider get involved in an accident. As motorcycle accident lawyers, we know that this type of photographic or video evidence can be invaluable should you have the need to file an injury claim.
2. Gloves and glove liners: Gloves are not just necessary when you ride your motorcycle in the mountains or in cold temperatures, but it’s also a comfort in nice weather and protects your hands should you take a fall. You could buy gloves or glove liner sets, which could come in really handy to keep them warm when they are out riding in the cold. These sell for about $16 at online motorcycle accessory stores.
3. Cell phone mounts: Motorcyclists are increasingly using their cell phones to connect to their Bluetooth helmets so they can get directions on the go. These mounts will hold the cell phone on the handlebar, still keeping the phone accessible and enhancing motorcyclist safety. These are available for under $20.
4. Reflective stickers and patches: These are not just your average, everyday patches or stickers. These are reflective, which means you could put them on anywhere on their motorcycles or on themselves where a little more visibility in needed. These stickers and patches could be found online for under $10 and could be invaluable when it comes to enhancing visibility, which as we all know is crucial for motorcyclists’ safety.
5. Armored shirts: Let’s face it. When they are out on the roadway, motorcyclists are exposed to the elements and much more vulnerable to moving traffic than someone who is protected by the enclosure of a car. Motorcyclists also don’t have the advantage of being protected by safety devices such as seatbelts and airbags. So, what better than an armored shirt or jacket to keep them safe? While these can be quite expensive, they could be well worth it someday.
If You Have Been Injured
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to seek compensation for your injuries, damages and losses. Injured victims may seek compensation for damages such as medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. An experienced Orange County motorcycle accident lawyer will be able to fight for victims’ rights to seek and obtain maximum compensation for their losses.